Interested in learning Adobe After Effects? Video School Online recently posted a new course that will teach you everything you need to know to get started with Motion Graphics. After Effects is a very robust program. It will take years to truly master it, and you will always be learning something new. Everyone has to start somewhere. I started in college, taking an Advanced Special Effects course that introduced me to After Effects. Since then, I’ve worked as a professional video editor in Los Angeles. Many of my jobs have included using After Effects for title sequences, special effects, and other purposes such as stabilization.
Whether you are using a PC or a Mac, this course is perfect for you. All you need is a version of After Effects. I use CS5.5 to teach the course. The basics are the same across most versions. You can even download the free trial version of AE. I teach you how, inside the course.
This course contains over 7 hours of footage. The footage is broken down into topics and skills. Each topic’s video is under 10 minute, to make the course easy to watch.
Here is a glimpse of what we’ll be looking at:
- After Effects program layout + basics
- Adding layers and working with transform tools
- Creating unique shapes with motion
- Masks and mask animations
- 3d layers and animations
- 3D cameras and camera animations
- Working with Photoshop & After Effects
- Video FX such as: page turns, fractal noise, color correction
- Transitions such as: linear & radial wipes
- Exporting with transparency
- Exporting for YouTube
- Green Screen editing in After Effects
- Getting a Job with After Effects
- and so much more!