Learn After Effects CC to improve your videos with professional motion graphics and visual effects.
“I went into this not knowing basically anything and came away with tons of knowledge!”
– Louis Matarazzo, Phil’s After Effects student
Join this BRAND NEW Adobe After Effects CC course to have fun while learning quickly!
If you are looking to make your videos better, adding motion graphics and visual effects is the way to do that. After Effects CC is used by professionals across the world for every type of production from business & marketing videos, music videos to documentaries, feature films. This full course is the best way to jump right in and start making your own videos come to life.
Make videos the way you imagine them!
Practice while you learn. This course includes practice files so you can follow along and actually learn by doing.
By the end of the course, you’ll have finished dozens of real world projects to build your confidence.
I’ll be teaching the course using the creative cloud version, but if you have a previous version (CS6, CS5, CS4, CS3 – Mac or PC), you can still learn with this course.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Phil and I’m a professional motion graphics artist and video creator. Plus, I’m the creator of some of the world’s most popular After Effects courses – with over 400,000 students and thousands of 5-star reviews like these:
Phil Ebiner’s “The Complete Guide to After Effects,” is a wonderful and comprehensive course to dive into this Program, and get started with creating our own animations.
– Cavett Robert
Very comprehensive, easy to follow course.
– Dragan Vukicevic
Phil is a g a great instructor who is always willing to help. The way he lays out the course is simple and easy to understand.
My Promise to You
I’ll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post a question in the course or send me a direct message.
I want to make this the best course on how use Adobe After Effects. So if there is any way I can improve this course, just tell me and I’ll make it happen.
What’s this course all about?
Get ready to create motion graphics that will improve your video quality. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to use video effects and create custom motion graphics, you can learn After Effects CC right now.
Practice lessons will get you motivated and moving to your goals.
The lessons are meant to teach you how to think like a motion graphics/video effects artist. After Effects is a robust tool that is capable of creating almost any video effect out there. You’ll learn all of the basics, intermediate, and some advanced techniques, from working with shapes, text, and textures to video effects, transitions, and 3d camera.
Here is a glimpse of what we’ll be covering:
- Getting comfortable with After Effects CC
- Starting a new composition
- Using the basic tools
- Working in the After Effects CC timeline
- Adding shape and text layers
- Animating position, scale, rotation, and opacity
- Working with shape layers and masks
- Real world projects such as lower thirds and bumpers
- Motion graphics principles and best practices
- Using video effects and presets to speed up workflow
- Green screen and chromakey removal
- Visual effects and rotoscoping
- Motion tracking and video stabilization
- Creating unique transitions
- Exporting your projects
- and so much more!
Knowing After Effects CC is a great skill to have that is in demand and highly marketable. I’ve landed many jobs with the skills that I teach you in this course.
With our 30-day 100% money back guarantee, there is nothing holding you back from jumping in right now and trying the course out.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
- Welcome Video
- Download the CourseProject Files
- Animate Your Name
After Effects Basics
- Know Your Way Around After Effects
- Start a New Composition
- Importing Media and Placing on the Timeline
- Learn the Important Tools
- Create a Perfect Square or Circle, Alignment, and Colors
- The Timeline
- Layer Transformations
Animating with Keyframes
- Adding and Editing Keyframes + Opacity Animations
- Position, Size, and Rotation Animations
- Make Animations Better with Easy Ease and Motion Blur
- Advanced Animations with the Graph Editor
- Challenge: Bouncing Ball Animation
- Solution: Bouncing Ball Animation
Shapes and Solid Layers
- Working with Solid Layers
- Working with Shapes
- Layer Styles – Drop Shadows, Bevel & Emboss, and Gradients
- Shape Effects
Important After Effects Skills
- Track Mattes: Make Layers Appear and Disappear
- Pre-Compositions: Grouping Layers Together
- Quickly Reversing Animations
- Freeze Frames, Remapping, Reversing Time
- Blend Modes
- Stabilizing Footage
Motion Graphics Projects
- Intro to Real World Projects
- Clean Lower Thirds
- Simple Logo Reveal
- Colorful Transition
- Text with Mask Transition
- Text Bubble Pop-Up Animation
- Weather App User Design Animation
Flat Animation Challenge
- Design Your Own Flat Animation Scene
- Phil Designs His Swiss Alps Scene
- Animating Fireworks with a Repeater Shape
Green Screen (Chromakeying)
- Remove Green Screen with Keylight 1.2
- Adding a Background that Matches the Foreground + Parenting
- Adding Motion to the Background Photo
3D Animations and the Camera Tool
- 3D in After Effects
- Swinging 3D Rotating Text
- Building a 3D Composition
- Animating in 3D Space
- Creating Stars in After Effects
Effects & Presets
- Text Animations
- CC Page Turn
- Radial and Linear Wipe Effects
- Color Correction in After Effects
- Make a Selection with the Rotoscope Tool
- Cleaning Up Edges
- Putting Rotoscoping to Work
- Replacing a Screen with Easy Masking
- Replacing a Screen with 3D Motion
- Replacing Device Screens with Mocha
Puppet Tool Animations
- Setting Your Pins
- Animating Your Pins to Make a Bird Fly
- Animating Your Owl’s Blinking Eyes
- Adding Perspective with Animated Clouds
- Motion Tracking Basics
- Attaching Text & Visual Effects to Video Clip
- Tracking Scale and Rotation
- Project: Movie Titles with Motion Tracking
- Intro to Character Aniamtions
- Design Your Character in After Effects
- Rigging Body Parts
- Animate Your Character
- Adding an Animated Background for Context
- Adding Details to Your Character
- Adding Textures and the Paper Cut-Out Look
Exporting from After Effects
- Exporting H.264 files from After Effects
- Exporting with a Transparent Background
- Exporting with Adobe Media Encoder
- Creating an Animated GIF
After Effects Workflow + Tips
- Editing Audio in After Effects
- Working with Premiere Pro
- Adding an Expression
- Animate a Flickering Light with Expressions
- You should have Adobe After Effects installed so you can follow along with the course lessons. We’ll be using the Creative Cloud version of After Effects, but you can do many of the lessons in a previous version if you don’t have After Effects CC.
- You DO NOT need any experience with After Effects. This course is for beginners and assumes you don’t have any experience with the program.
I can’t wait to see you inside!