Watch the video tutorial above to learn how to export MP4 files from After Effects.
This tutorial is somewhat of a trick tutorial because you can’t actually export an MP4 file right from After Effects. You have to use Adobe Media Encoder, which is a separate application that comes with the Creative Cloud subscription. It’s easy to send your After Effects comps right to Media Encoder. Here’s how to do it.
How to Export MP4 Files from After Effects
1. Open the Comp You Want to Export
2. Go to Composition > Add to Media Encoder Queue
3. Under Format, Choose H264
4. Under Preset, Choose the Preset You Want
5. Click the Green Play Button, to Start Export
That’s it! I hope this makes sense to you. If you have questions, leave them in the comments below.
Anything else confusing to you? Submit your questions below in the comments!
I have a number of other After Effects tutorials here on Video School Online such as:
- Getting Started with After Effects in 7 Steps
- Easiest Way to Make Objects Appear in AE
- Clean Lower Thirds
- Neon Sign Effect
- Simple After Effects Intro