In this Photoshop tutorial, I’ll show you how to composite two photos in Photoshop Creative Cloud. There are many ways to do it in Photoshop, and the way that I do it goes as follows:
- Open up the background image in Photoshop.
- Add the second image to the Photoshop project by dragging and dropping it directly onto the background from Finder. Then hit return to set it in place.
- Change the blend mode if you want.
- Cut out the part of the top image that you want to keep using the quick selection tool.
- Copy and paste your cutout to a new layer.
- Resize the cutout to make it a better size compared to the background.
- Edit the hue, saturation, and levels of the cutout to match the background image.
- Add depth of field by duplicating the background.
- Add gaussian blur effect to the top background layer.
- Erase parts of the top layers so only the logical parts of the background are blurred.
That’s about it. Watch the video tutorial above for more in depth instructions!
Thanks for watching and let me know if you have any questions!