Being a minimalist is one of my favorite things – when it comes to purchases, design, and video creation. A student asked me on the Facebook page if I could create a tutorial on how to make a specific Minimalist Lower Third that he found on VideHive. If you want to easily create this lower third for your own projects, just download the template from VideoHive with 8 unique lower thirds. It’s only $9.
Otherwise, watch the tutorial below.
Skills you’ll learn:
- Creating new compositions
- Animating shapes with trim paths
- Using track mattes to make layers appear/disappear
- Using the graph editor to change the speed of your animations
- Pre-composing to easily reverse an animation and change the speed
Minimalist Lower Thirds Tutorial:
Before you watch, download the After Effects project so you can follow along (it’s free!).