My Most Recommended Resources
These are some of my favorite tools for creating videos and building an online business. I only put tools that I use and love. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Some of the links are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase. I recommend you only purchase these products if you believe they will help you achieve your specific goals.
Show Your #VSO Love with Some Merch
Head over to our merch store on TeeSpring to order your own shirts or sweaters!
We’ve got gear for our Photography and Friends crew too!
Building an Online Business
Siteground: I currently host this website with Siteground, which has tremendous support and is fast, safe, and more powerful than many other hosts. It is the host I currently recommend for any WordPress website.
Bluehost: I used Bluehost for many years to host all of my WordPress websites. It’s a great and inexpensive option to get started with, and highly recommended. Learn how to start a website in 5 steps.
ConvertKit: If you’re looking for a modern, simple, beautiful way to build an email list, educate your subscribers, and sell your products and services, ConvertKit is my new favorite option. It’s an email service provider built for bloggers and integrates with my Teachable courses seamlessly. Get started now
Adobe Creative Cloud: When it comes to video editing, graphic design or any other creative project, I use the Adobe suite of applications like Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Lightroom. They are the industry standard applications, and you can get them all as part of your Creative Cloud membership.
VideoHive: If you need to stock footage, motion graphics, or video templates for any of your video projects, this is the place to go. If you need to learn how to use After Effects templates purchased from VideoHive, take this free course.
AudioJungle: Finding music for video projects is often a pain. Songs sound too simple and digital. Or they sound like every other video you’ve ever seen. AudioJungle has thousands of options for an affordable price. It’s my go to site for purchasing stock music. The YouTube Music Library is also a growing source for free music.
Screenflow: This is my favorite screen recording application. I use it to make 90% of my online tutorials and courses. You can bring in music, photos, and other media to add to your videos. You can add graphics and titles.
Online Teaching Platforms
Teachable: The easiest way to start selling online courses on your own website. I use their professional plan, but you can start for free!
Equipment We Use and Recommend
- Canon C100 Mark II – cinema camera
- Sony A7S ii – mirrorless
- Sony F5 – professional
- Canon 5D Mark iii – professional DSLR
- Canon 70D – prosumer DSLR
- Canon 24-70 L-Series
- Canon 70-200 L-Series
- Canon 50mm
- Canon 10-18mm Wide
- Lens filters – I use Tiffen brand UV filters to protect his lenses.
- Fancier Fluid Head Tripod
- Ravelli APGL4 67″ Tripod (inexpensive and durable)
- Manfrotto MK190X3-2W Tripod
- Manfrotto 502 Video Head (purchased separately from legs)
- Manfrotto MVM500A Monopod
- Joby Gorrilapod
STABILIZATION WE USE:
- Movi M10 Stabilization System
- Movi M15 Stabilization System
- Osmo Stabilized Camera
- Kessler Pocket Dolly 3
DRONE & AERIAL:
- Cameras have different memory card options/sizes
- We like using SanDisk brand cards
- SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB card with up to 95MB/s
- Zoom H6N Recording Device
- Zoom H4N Recording Device
- Rode VideoMic Pro On-board Microphone
- Rode NTG3 Shotgun Microphone
- Sennheiser G3 Wireless Set
- Rode smartLav+ for Smartphones
- Heil PR-40 for Voice Over / Podcasting
- Pyle Boom Arm with ShockMount
- Pop Filter by Dragonpad
- Boom Pole
- C-stand & Boom Pole Holder
PROFESSIONAL LIGHTING KITS:
- Dracast 4-Light LED Kit – my new kit that I love
- Litemat Kit – professional bi-color dimmable lights
- Kino Flo 2-Light 4-bank Kit
- Lowel Rifa eXchange Kits